1. Service Offer
1. The following terms and conditions are applicable to the service offer presented to the traveler on the trip webpage (itinerary, what is included/excluded, terms of payments) and/or to the trip organization agreement signed with the group’strip representative.
2. By accepting the terms and conditions in the present document the Traveler or group’s trip representative also accepts the service offer (see trip web page or trip organization agreement).
3. The group’s trip representative (where applicable) is held responsible to share the terms and conditions of the trip with all travelers that they represent.
4. Changes in the service offer (i.e. number of nights, major change of locations visited, etc.) must be approved by the group’s trip representative (where applicable) who is in turn responsible to get the Traveller’s approval for said changes.
5. In the event of minor changes to the itinerary/activities that do not affect the service offer, approval from the group trip representative or the Traveller is not necessary.
2. Information Provided By Alyra
Prior to departure, Alyra is obliged to provide the Traveller in writing:
1. General information concerning travel documents (passports, visas, etc), as well as necessary travel precautions concerning the Traveler’s health and safety.
2. The exact flight schedule as it appears on the plane ticket.
3. The address and telephone number of the embassy relevant to the traveller.
3. The Price Of The Trip
1. The price agreed uponin the service offer (on the trip web page or in the trip organization agreement) is fixed and all compulsory services are included, barring an evident error.
2. The price of tourist services can only increase after a fuel surcharge implemented by the carrier or by an in increase in exchange rate, providing that the exchange rate applicable 45 days prior to the date of the supplied service has increased more than 5% since the date this contract was signed.
3. In the event that an increase in price, without taking into consideration an increase in Quebec sales tax or a Canadian goods and services tax, is equal or greater than 7% the total cost of service, the Traveller can choose between a full and immediate refund of services, or the provision of similar services.
4. In the event that the prices of touristic services similar to those sold to the traveller are reduced by the service provider after the purchase, the Traveller may not take advantage of this reduction, as it will only apply towards new purchases.
4. Transferable Bookings
1. Before his/her trip begins, the Traveller may transfer his/her trip (excluding the airfare) to a third party that must agree to all of these terms and conditions herein. The Traveller must inform Alyra of this transfer in due time before the departure and the Traveller will assume all costs related to the transfer.
2. Certain reservations cannot be transferred to another person and thus the Traveller that is ceding their place will have to assume these costs.
3. Either the Traveller who transfers his/her trip or the transferee must pay the total price of the trip.
5. Cancellation / Modifications By The Traveler
1. In case of cancellation, the Traveller, even in cases of events outside of their control. The minimum cancellation fees are as follows:
- a) 121 days or more prior to departure:
- Choice of 1st deposit or $500
- b) 91 to 120 days prior to departure:
- 50% of trip package
- c) 46 to 90 days prior to departure:
- 75% of trip package
- d) 45 days or fewer prior to departure:
- 100% of package
2. The Traveller will be held financially responsible to make all payments effected Alyra to suppliers that cannot be reimbursed for reservations for the Traveller’s portion of the trip (i.e. flights, lodging, transportation, activities, etc.).
3. If the Traveller decides to cancel a part or the entire trip once the trip has started, Alyra will not make any reimbursements.
4. The Traveller will only be able to receive reimbursements of their trip cancellation fees if they purchased cancellation insurance prior to the realization of the event which caused the cancellation (in cases of events outside of their control). Alyra recommends that all Travellers purchase cancellation insurance at the time of their first deposit payment for the trip.
5. For all requests for modifications to the service offer by the Traveller, Alyra reserves itself the right to decide on the supplemental fees associated with this change and to charge these fees to the Traveller.
1. Before departure, all Travellers are held responsible to purchase medical travel insurance and to share the policy number and company’s contact information with Alyra.
2. Alyra recommends all Travellers purchase the following insurance: medical insurance, lost-baggage insurance and cancellation insurance.
7. Unused Services
1. Services not used during the trip will not be refunded.
8. Cancellation / Modifications By Alyra
1. Before or during the trip, Alyra reserves the right to cancel or modify a part of or the entire trip, without prior notice, for circumstances outside of Alyra’s control, in which case Alyra will do their best to in which case Alyra will do their best to offer equivalent services. It is understood that the Traveller will have no right to claim any damages due to loss, damage or injury, physical or mental, due to these changes.
- a) If modifications due tocircumstances outside of Alyra’s control increase the costs associated with the trip the Traveller will be informed and will have to agree to cover these extra costs before Alyra can execute the modifications.
- b) If these changes are major and occur more than 24 hours before the trip, Alyra is held responsible to inform the Traveller and to modify the service offer (on the trip web page or in the trip organization agreement). A major modification is a change in:
- 1) the number of complete days traveling,
- 2) the zones and areas visited during the trip and/or
- 3) the principle activities and highlights of any part of the trip.
2. If the trip modifications are minor, the Traveller will not require Alyra to change the service offer (on the trip web page or in the trip organization agreement). A minor modification does not change:
- 1) the number of days travelling,
- 2) the zones and areas visited during the trip and/or
- 3) the principle activities and highlights of any part of the trip.
3. Alyra can, without prior notice and without modification to the service offer (on the trip web page or in the trip organization agreement), replace certain lodging options (hotels, ecolodges, hostels, camp sites, etc.) by others of the same/equivalent category and quality.
4. Alyra can cancel a trip entirely if the number of total travellers signed up is inferior to that guaranteed in service offer (on the trip web page or in the trip organization agreement).
5. If an important part of the services related to the contract cannot be executed, Alyra must take all necessary measures to offer the Traveller appropriate alternatives.
6. Alyra may cancel a specific Traveller’s trip and/or have them separated from the group and/or sent home if the Traveller is putting themselves, anyone else, or the environment in any form of risk (legal, health, physical, psychological, etc.). The fees associated to this will be the responsibility of the Traveller in question. In such a case, the Traveller agrees not to claim any refunds of any kind.
9. Traveler Responsibilities
1. In relation to the necessary services and/or equipment offered by Alyra, the Traveller activities have:
- a) Outdoor recreational activities have:
- I. Inherent risks, dangers and hazardswhich exist in any participation in these activities and the use of their associated equipment;
- II. Participation in such activities and/or use of such equipment may result in injury or illness.
- III. By participating in these activities and using the related equipment.
the Traveller hereby assumes all risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and/or damages.
- b) On behalf of himself/herself or his/her personal representatives and heirs, the Traveller hereby voluntarily agrees to release, waive, discharge, hold accountable, defend and indemnify Alyra from any and all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or other consequences which may arise from the use of any equipment or participation in these activities.
- c) The Traveller is responsible to act as a reasonably prudent person when engaging in recreational activities offered by Alyra.
2. No Traveller may:
- a) Fail to advise Alyra of any known health problems or any incident or accident involving personal injury or illnesses experienced during the course of the trip or
- b) Engage in harmful conduct or willingly or negligently engage in any type of conduct which contributes to or causes injury to any person or personal property or
- c) Behave in any manner, which interferes with the safe running and operation of the trip, including failure to follow the instructions outlined by Alyra regarding the safety measures and conduct of participants.
3. The Traveller has the responsibility to inform Alyra of all sickness/allergies so that Alyra may act accordingly.
4. The Traveller has the responsibility to visit a medical travel clinic to get informed about and receive the necessary vaccines, if necessary.
5. The Traveller is responsible for all losses incurred by Alyra directly due to the Traveller’s errors or errors related to omitted information or in giving false information.
By subscribing for a trip the Traveller gives Alyra the explicit authority to represent him/her in all relations with the service providers. Also, the traveller authorizes Alyra to inform Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada for all emergencies at the destination.
The timetables mentioned in the service offer (on the trip web page or in the trip organization agreement) are suggested timetables. Under all circumstances the Traveller must take into account that the timetable can be changed before as well as during the trip.
12. Alyra’s Responsibilities
1. Alyra acts as an agent for the transportation companies, local serviceproviders, hotels and intermediaries required to make the trip happen and will not be held responsible, for whatever reason or in any way for the behaviour, omissions, errors or mechanical defects of these suppliers.
2. Alyra will not be responsible for any claims made by the Traveller for bodily injury, accidents, deaths, damage or loss of personal items, missed connections, bad weather, strikes, acts of terrorism, revolutions, wars or all other unforeseeable phenomena at the moment of departure or during the trip.
3. Alyra will not be held responsible for any claims made by the Traveller for reimbursements, damages or any fees that may be due to the fact that the Traveller omitted required or important information and/or documents (passport photocopies, visas, vaccines, etc.) for the trip.
4. Alyra will not propose any activities to the Traveller during that trip if these activities are not in line with the standards of Canadian/Quebec safety norms. If a supplier is not capable of supplying the required safety equipment, Alyra will be responsible, to the best of its ability, to find a suitable alternative to the activity.
13. Travel Documents
1. It is the responsibility of the Traveller to ensure that he/she obtains all necessary documents (passports, visas, vaccination booklets, insurance information, etc.).
2. Photocopies of all required documents must be supplied 60 days prior to the date required by the airline.
3. The Traveller agrees to supply Alyra will all explicitly requested practical information.
4. Alyra will not be held responsible for any Traveller that is unable to board a flight due to missing documents.
14. Photos & Videos
The Traveller agrees to allow Alyra to use all photos/videos taken on the trip on their website as well as for other publications (digital or print).
The maximum baggage allowance for a passenger is generally 44 to 50 lbs. (20 to 23 Kg) for international flights and only 1 cabin carry-on bag is allowed. In the event that additional fees are charged by the airline as a result of overweight or oversize baggage, Alyra will communicate with the Traveller to inform them of the fees. The Traveller is responsible to obtain baggage restriction information from the concerned airlines in order to avoid additional fees. Alyra suggests that all luggage is clearly identified and that the Traveller purchases lost-baggage insurance before travelling.
1. The type/category of lodging and the type/category of rooms (double, triple, quadruple, dormitories, etc.) are determined by Alyra unless specified in advance in the service offer (on the trip web page or in the trip organization agreement).
2. Any special request from the Traveller (type of lodging, type of room, number of travellers per room, etc.) may result in additional fees which will be billed to the Traveller by Alyra.
3. Alyra may, replace some hotels by others, so long as they are of a similar category.