- Nos voyages
- Notre Équipe
- Nos Destinations
- Amérique latine
- Amérique du Nord
- Contactez nous
Alyra’s team is developing an amazing expedition for a Montreal high school that will combine learning the history of the oldest colonial city, cultural immersion, beautiful series of villages, each with a mix of colonial architecture in indigenous tones and experiencing excursions in nature. The most important objective is to accomplish a development project in order to improve the quality of life in a hosting village in the mountain region of Matagalpa.
Day 1: arrival in Managua Private transport Managua – Granada (1h) 1 night in a hostel in Granada
Day 2: Private transport Granada – village of Los Andes (5h) 12 nights in home stays of the community of Los Andes
Private transport San Ramon – Moyogalpa port (5h) and ferry – bus to Ometepe Island (2h30) 3 nights in a hostel in Ometepe island Ferry – bus from Ometepe to Moyogalpa (2h20) and private transport from Moyogalpa port to Managua (2h) 1 night in a hostel in Managua Day 18: departure and arrival in Montreal
A valid passport that expires at least 6 months after the date of your return flight back home.
The least amount of luggage possible. We recommend bags that are practical and easy to carry. One large bag and a small day back-pack is ideal.
We recommend you consult your local medical travel clinic (or doctor) a few months before leaving in order to ensure you have the necessary vaccines. Your medical insurance card might not cover costs incurred due to injuries or health costs when you are abroad. If you need to travel with medication of some kind, please bring a doctor’s prescription.
We recommend you bring a concealed belt that can hold your important documents, credit cards and currencies. It is illegal to take any objects found in archeological sites or any natural resources from any of the national parks, ecological reserves, protectorates or any other sites visited.
• International flights from Montreal and back ;
• Alyra’s CO (Creative Organizer) accompanying the group 24/7;
• Local transportation;
• Lodging (in the community): in host families, 2-3 per family for students;
• Lodging (outside the community): multiple occupancy for students;
• Food: 3 meals a day (Local authentic food will be served);
• Snacks and potable water at all times;
• Organization of the community projects and coordination with the local community leader and members;
• Non-alcoholic drinks and potable water during meals;
• Activities/visits mentioned with local guides (when mentioned);
• Entrance tickets for museums, parks, sites, etc mentioned in the itinerary;
• Tips to local guides, drivers, restaurants, etc.
• 0.1% for the OPC (Consumer Protection Office);
• Insurance Package: Medical, Interruption and Cancelation coverage;
• Visa expenses (for non-canadian passports)
• Souvenirs/gifts you decide to buy;
• Transportation from the school to the airport and back;
• Laundry and any other personal expenses.
T (514) 563-2058
F (514) 221-4440
5285 Rue de Brébeuf, Montréal QC, H2J 3L8